Student Professional Development Association (SPDA)
The Student Professional Development Association (SPDA) is dedicated to providing students working for Rec Sports with the chance to advance their careers through networking and through developing professional skills. This is accomplished by creating fundraising opportunities to allow the students to attend professional conferences, visit various facilities around the nation, and interact with professionals in their respected fields.
Specific development opportunities have included:
- a presentation by the marketing vice president of the Atlanta Falcons
- trips to Baltimore, Washington, D.C., West Virginia, Chicago and New York City to tour facilities in the sports industry
- attending conferences such as the Ohio Recreational Sports Association; NIRSA Annual Conference
- an etiquette dinner to learn about proper dining
- resume building workshops.
View the specific speakers and presenters, trips, conferences, and other activities SPDA has participated in over the past few years.
The goal of SPDA is to not only create a stronger student employee community within the Department of Recreational Sports, but also better prepare them for future professional careers.
SPDA General Email: email@example.com
Like SPDA on Facebook!
View the SPDA calendar of events.