Purchase a Membership
Faculty, staff and recognized affiliates may purchase a membership through our online form below or in person at the RPAC Welcome Center.
Membership Types and Rates
Ohio State Faculty and Staff
For those currently employed by the university, the Ohio State Sci-Tech campus staff and Columbus State Community College faculty/staff.
|Student Spouse/Partner Semester||$123||Not Eligible||Not Eligible|
|Daytime (Monday - Friday Open - 3 p.m. only)*||$130||$390||$32.50|
|Weekend Only (Fridays - Sundays Only)*||$130||$390||$32.50|
Ohio State Affiliate Pricing
Affiliates are members of the following organizations with appropriate identification: Ohio State Alumni Association, Faculty Club member, President's Club member, Battelle Memorial Institute staff and Chemical Abstracts staff.
(Monday - Friday Open - 3 p.m. only)*
|New! Weekend Only (Fridays - Sundays Only)*||$130||$390||$32.50|
* Monthly rate only available when paying annual membership by payroll deduction or electronic funds transfer.
Daytime and Weekend Memberships
Daytime and Weekend Only memberships are limited to certain days/hours and do not include membership benefits such as family hours, member pricing for community programs, Outdoor Adventure trips/equipment and massage. Dependents cannot be added to these memberships.
Daytime membership includes:
- Facility access to any of the five recreation centers from open to 3 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Access to free group fitness classes included during daytime membership hours only.
Weekend membership includes:
- Facility access to all five recreation centers from open to close on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only.
- Access to free group fitness classes included during weekend membership hours only.
Short Term Memberships and Guest Passes
Are you interested in trying out the facilities, but not ready to make a long term commitment? Have a visitor in town who wants to join you at the gym? A short term membership may be the perfect fit. Faculty and staff members and recognized affiliates are eligible to purchase guest passes and short term memberships. Visit the guest pass page for more information.
Family and Other Memberships
Memberships may be purchased for family members of students, faculty and staff. Affiliate members may add their family to their membership for an additional fee.
Policies and Cancellations
- Semester memberships are based on the academic term.
- Monthly rate only available when paying annual membership by payroll deduction or electronic funds transfer.
- There is a $40 cancellation fee or early termination of a semester or annual membership. Annual memberships are only assesed the cancellation fee during the first year of membership.
- Annual memberships are automatically renewed and will reflect any and all increases in September of each year, unless you notify member services in writing 30 days prior to the renewal date.
- Rec Sports charges an activation fee for all annual memberships charged via monthly payroll deduction or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). This $40 fee is non-refundable and is charged per membership activation at the time of registration. The fee covers internal fees associated with processing the membership and establishing the payroll deduction or EFT, as well as management and auditing expenses. The fee also accounts for the time period between a member's actual join date and the date of their first payroll deduction. The activation fee will be charged for all membership activations, including reactivinating previously cancelled memberships.
- Members are restricted to one (1) sponsored adult membership.
- Only faculty/staff, affiliates, and students may add members to their membership.
- Some restrictions may apply to the dependent membership.